Set up your car audio amp for great performance
Avoid harmful clipping signals by following these easy instructions:
- 1. Set LPF to 1-2 O’clock
- 2. Set Subsonic to 10-11 O’clock
- 3. Set Main/Strap switch to “Main”
- 4. Set the gain on the amp to the minimum (all the way to the left)
- 5. Install the remote knob and turn it all the way up. (Setting the gain with the knob in any other position will not allow more bass when turned all the way up.)
- 6. All equalizer settings and bass controls on the head unit to “0” – Alpine HU’s subwoofer up on some models needs to be turned up.
- 7. Turn head unit volume to 3/4 and insert an audio CD – At this time you will have no output because the gain on the amp is set to “0”.
- 8. Slowly turn the gain on the amp until the clipping indicator on the remote starts to flicker as the dynamics in the music change – Do not allow the clipping indicator to glow solid or flicker continuously on constant music or stay red on transients – This will lead to a burnt voice coil
We hope these instructions help you setup your amp quickly and correctly to begin enjoying a better listening experience!