The truth behind “free shipping”
Our free shipping Freight Terms are FOB OKC, Prepaid & Allow.
What this means:
- FOB stands for Free on Board and the city named next to it is the place where title to the goods transfers from seller to buyer
- The Buyer assumes title and control of the goods the moment the carrier signs the bill of lading. AKA. UPS picks up the packages.
- The Buyer assumes risk of transportation and is entitled to route the shipment.
- The Buyer is responsible for filing claims for loss or damage. As shipper of record, we will facilitate this process and ask that you report issues right away. Inspect packages quickly to avoid issues with claims.
- Prepaid & Allow means we prepay the transportation charges and they are already included in the price of the goods.
- The prepaid free freight does include standard insurance protection for damaged shipments. However, this insurance doesn’t cover lost packages.
If you experienced shipping issues, use this form to start the process.
(You must be logged in and have ordered from us to see this page.)
SQ will not assume liability for lost packages as our free freight terms are FOB OKC Prepaid & Allow. In other words, we will not simply ship you another product at no charge.
As the buyer, if lost packages are a concern for you then we HIGHLY recommend you purchase the signature ship option. This will require that the Carrier get a signature when goods are delivered instead of leaving it on your porch or the like. In addition, you could ask for goods to be “Held At Location” so that you can pick them up at your convenience.
The process for lost packages is as follows:
- File a Claim with the Carrier. Carrier will do an investigation. This process is estimated 8-10 days.
- Notify Soundqubed as soon as possible about the lost package and provide your claim number. Use this form.
- We will assist you as the shipper of record in working with the Carrier’s investigation.
- Ask your neighbors and do your own investigation.
- File a police report so that it is on record that this was stolen. We can provide you with the serial number information and the police can put that in a database of stolen goods. This way if the goods turn up at a pawn shop they will be notified. (Verify this with your local police)